Congratulations! This page is for post-undergraduate and undergraduate students who have been accepted into the 2022 RMBL Summer Education Program. You have been accepted if you have received an acceptance letter by email. We typically send out acceptance letters in March.
Once you have been offered a place in the program, you can secure your spot by doing one of two things, 1) sign the offer letter, if you have been offered an REU award or full scholarship, or 2) make a $500 online deposit to secure your attendance. The deposit is non-refundable if you do not attend the program. The 40 education spots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis and our program typically fills up by late March. Students with federal REU funding and with a full scholarship do not make a deposit. Everyone else will make a deposit to secure your spot. The deposit can be paid by contacting Dr. Rosemary Smith for the Deposit link.
Please note: The $500 deposit will be applied to the Education fee, $8000 in 2022. The deposit is non-refundable, if you do not attend the program.
Forms to Complete
The below forms will need to be completed electronically. If you have any trouble filling out forms, please contact email@example.com.
To Accept a Position in the Program: Sign your DocuSign offer letter and submit your $500 deposit (REU and full scholarship students excluded).
Before April 1st: Set up your account in the RMBL Community Portal here:https://rmbl.force.com/
Within the Community Portal
- Fully complete your user profile to include Dietary Restrictions and your Emergency Contact.
- Submit a Research Visit
- Students living on-site will choose “Fieldwork with RMBL Housing”
- Students living in the local area will choose “Fieldwork without RMBL Housing”
- Under the section “Select a RMBL Project” choose “RMBL Education Program”
- Both on-site and off-site students can put in the dates of June 8th – August 14th until you know your specific fieldwork dates. This can be edited later. These will be the dates for most students, but there is some flexibility.
- On-site students do not need to put in cabin preferences. Students will be placed in non-cooking, dormitory-style housing. We do encourage you to let us know your preferences on roommate genders and if you have any special situations for housing considerations.
Before April 15th: Fill out the Student Technology Survey
Before May 1st: Complete and sign the Student Health and Conditions in Gothic form and fill out the Travel Form
You will interact with a number of RMBL professionals before you arrive and throughout the duration of your visit. Your mentor will primarily help you plan the dates you will be in Gothic and help you develop your project. Our Administrative Office (phone: 970-349-7231 ext. 2 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org) can provide assistance with logistics (e.g., travel, how RMBL works) and help with questions that you have but aren’t certain who to ask. Dr. Rosemary Smith will coordinate your program (email@example.com) and will be able to answer many of your program/research-related questions. She will organize the weekly meetings you will be attending this summer and can serve as an additional resource for your project.
- General Information – including what to bring and how you can be contacted
- Student Arrival Information
- Student Expectations